Thursday 12 January 2017

After Monet series

I have decided to create a series of large scale paintings based on my love of the watery, fabulous late Claude Monet paintings.

After Monet
acrylic on canvas
120x200cm


Something about the colours, the depth of field, the abstraction and the size of the pieces really moves me, I am enjoying working on a large scale. It's very liberating!

I use palette knives, rags, brushes and dripping to create a rich paint surface. I work with the canvas on the ground sometimes, and also on an easel. Drips, overlapping colour and layers help to build up a story with the paint.

My 'After Monet' (above) canvas has been in my home for a couple of years now and I have been looking at it every day. I will create five or six pieces moving on from this one, and also market this painting too. It's great to move foward and challenge myself to create work which is meaningful, using lots of different ideas and techniques with paint.

I am very excited to say that my first new canvas, only just completed, (see below) has sold via a photo from my facebook feed. I'm thrilled!

After Monet V
acrylic on canvas
120x150cm
£3400
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment